The rapid pace of innovation that our society is experiencing today in information and communication technology, manufacturing, and material science is opening great opportunities while raising fresh challenges and resulting in unprecedented levels of complexity.
Training engineers to be effective in this increasingly complex and innovation-driven environment requires multi-disciplinary and innovative approaches to higher education that focus on developing the creative problem solving and entrepreneurial skills of students without neglecting rigorous training in the basic sciences and in engineering best practices.
MedTech was officially launched on June 13, 2014. It welcomed its first cohort of freshmen undergraduate engineering students in September 2014. It organized its first successful Continuing education seminar in November 2014 on Big Data.
Our vision is to be a regional hub of excellence in engineering education, innovation, and technology entrepreneurship in Africa and the Mediterranean.
Our mission is “To train highly qualified engineers capable of contributing and leading innovative ventures in today’s globalized world”.
Our strategy to fulfil our mission and realize our long-term vision is based on seven pillars (the seven Ps):
- Professors: Outstanding faculty holding PhDs from world-renowned universities.
- Programs: Programs and curricula aligned with the best Engineering schools in the world, and taught in English to facilitate access to research and scientific literature to facilitate access to a global career.
- Pedagogy: Cutting edge teaching methods combining theoretical rigor with project-based learning. Our programs include each year a creative design course integrating skills and knowledge taught in various courses during that year into a challenging project with a real-world client.
- Physical facilities: State-of-the-art infrastructure, labs and facilities.
- Partnerships: A rich set of local and international partnerships, spanning universities, industrial companies, technology leaders, and standards organizations. Synergies with MSB are leveraged to provide our student engineers with a well-rounded training in business and tech venture management and in entrepreneurship training. Engagement with the community and the wider regional environment are fostered through our outreach and professional education programs.
- Participants: Outstanding students with the drive and ambition to become leaders and technology entrepreneurs, and who actively contribute to a diverse, multi-cultural and supportive campus environment conducive to academic learning and personal growth.
- Processes: Governance and internal processes (recruitment, curriculum review and mapping, course and teacher evaluation, etc.) that target accreditation from the leading higher education quality assurance agencies and ensure we stay at the forefront of quality in engineering education.