The Master program in Cyber Security aims at specialized training in Informatics Security (Cybersecurity). Giving response to a set of initiatives that have been developed at National and International level, targeting the development of knowledge competences in the field of Cybersecurity (e.g. IFC-UTICA Directive,
US Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act, EU Directive for security across the Union) as a way to support the growth of the digital economy, preserving the privacy of citizens and to combat and prevent cybercrime and cyberterrorism, the master program has the following objectives:
- Complement the training of students from 1st cycles, specializing in design, development, and evaluation skills related with Informatics Security;
- Upgrade and specialize the IT professionals, providing them with knowledge to perform functions in the field of Information Security, namely the role of Information Security Officer;
- Provide advanced training in the different areas of IT Security, allowing students to follow a doctoral program.
It is expected that, upon completion of the Master in Cyber Security students will have the following knowledge, skills and competences:
- Thorough knowledge of the technological aspects, human and organizational and relevant in different areas of IT Security;
- Design, development and evaluation skills of informatics security solutions;
- Ability to perform functions in the field of Information Security, in particular the various positions and career of Information Security Officer;
- Ability to integrate and lead research project teams in the field of Informatics Security and ability to conduct of autonomous research and development work and development of new knowledge in the field;
- Knowledge of legal, ethical and moral aspects, related to IT Security.